Todays car of the day is Mr L’s Porsche 911 Carrera 4S.
The unmistakable silhouette of the 911 is characterised by its iconic fly line. It has barely changed since 1963, and has shaped the DNA of all Porsche models.
With its 325-horsepower 3.8-liter six-cylinder engine, the 2006 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 is capable of accelerating from a standing start to 60 mph (96 km/h) in just 4.9 seconds and reaches 99 mph (160 km/h) in 11.2 seconds.
Mr L has insured his vehicle through AIB insurance on a high net worth policy. This policy includes an agreed value, salvage retention, choice of repairer and legal cover expenses.
If you also have a high net worth vehicle that you would like a bespoke quotation for, call our specialist teams on 02380 268351. If you also own a high net worth vehicle and would like to share your photos with us, email them to email@example.com.
Today’s car of the day is the dazzling Lotus Elise S.
The Lotus Elise was originally set out to be named 111 (pronounced One Eleven) but last minute the Lotus chairman, Romano Artioli, decided to change the name to Elise after his granddaughter.
The Elise S, with its supercharged 1.8 litre engine is certainly quick; 0-60 takes just 4.2 seconds. Mr N’s Lotus Elise S is insured on a high net worth policy and came to us at AIB to ensure he got the best deal.
High net worth policies include agreed value, salvage retention, choice of repairer and legal cover expenses. This means Mr N can relax knowing that he has the choice of any Lotus approved garage that will only use Lotus approved parts for his car.
Do you have a high net worth vehicle that you would like to insure with us and know that you can rest easy knowing that it will be taken care of properly? Then give our specialist team a call for a bespoke quotation on 02380 268351.
If you also have a high net worth car and would like to share your photos with us, send them in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back in 2016, we were pleased to add Zurich Insurance Group to our closely vetted panel of insurers with this including the Zurich Private Clients section catering for high net worth clients wishing to cover the likes of their luxury homes and expensive motor vehicles.
Well, we are pleased to inform our discerning clients that Zurich Private Clients cover has recently been enhanced. Below we provide details of some of the improvements that have been made: –
Home Insurance Enhancements
Home Emergency Cover totaling £1,500 has been added to the policy as standard with this covering emergencies such as water leakage requiring an approved repairer to attend 24/7.
New Acquisitions notification period has gone up from 60 days to 90 days.
Jewellery limit has gone up from £15,000 to £25,000 per item.
Sums insured for specified antiques, fine art and valuables is now index-linked on an annual basis.
Cyber Assistance cover has been added including damage to home systems due to a cyber event up to £100,000.
Antiques and fine arts limit has risen from £25,000 to £50,000 for each item.
Extended cover now includes contract works for up to the lesser of 20% of the sum insured or £1 million.
Motor Insurance Enhancements
Alternative transportation costs limit has risen from £3,000 to £5,000.
Breakdown cover is for named individuals on the motor insurance certificate as opposed to specified vehicles.
Any new customer taking out a Zurich Private Clients policy will benefit from these enhancements immediately. Existing customers with a Zurich Private Clients policy will benefit from the above enhancements immediately with the exception of cyber and home emergency cover that will be incorporated at renewal from around December 2019 onwards.
The above improvements in cover can only be of potential benefit to our high net worth clients so they are most welcome. We are pleased to inform you that, since adding Zurich Insurance Group to our panel, we have been most impressed with the service that they have provided.
Airsports Insurance Bureau are delighted to announce expanding our Private Client Insurance team with the addition of Relationship manager, Byron Cuff.
Byron’s technical knowledge and experience of the finance sector will assist in managing, developing and growing the private client division. He will also be working with the established team of Client Advisors to develop and further strengthen relationships with our leading insurer panel.
Byron comes to AIB with over a decade of experience in financial services. In his previous position, Byron was with Simply Health as a corporate client Relationship Manager and prior to that spent 7 years with BeWiser Insurance as Training Manager and latterly, Brand Manager.
AIB spokesperson Megan Greer said: ‘We are delighted to welcome Byron to the Private Client Team in Eastleigh. The appointment is a reflection of our significant growth within the high net worth personal lines arena and our desire to ensure that we continue to offer our clients the best customer service on the market. Byron is a strong addition to the team and his expertise and experience will help continue to take our business forward.’
Byron added: ”I’ve known the management at AIB for many years and watched the company expand and grow so am delighted to be joining such an ambitious business where I can really add value and hit the ground running. I’m really excited developing new business and taking current business to new heights.”
Byron lives locally in Andover with his partner Klara, has a third nipple, typically supports Manchester United Football Club and is allergic to bees. Some years ago he once saved two people’s lives in the space of a week. He noticed a 12 year old boy drowning in a swimming pool and jumped in and saved him and then the following day returned to his car whilst shopping to find a man on the ground having a heart attack.
We are pleased to inform you, our valued customers, that we have added Chubb Insurance to our bespoke panel of insurance companies. It has built an enviable reputation for the products and services it provides.
Chubb has been established for many years and is part of the biggest property and casualty insurer in the world. Here in the UK, the business focuses on a number of insurances including motor, home, accident and health, travel, aviation, the biogas and solar industry, commercial insurance, cyber risk, the construction industry, the marine industry and liability cover.
The company has been involved in providing motor insurance to high net worth individuals for over 20 years and household insurance to such customers for over 40 years.
In a very short period of time we have built up an excellent working relationship with Chubb. It prides itself on its quality of service right throughout the process of arranging tailor-made cover but also the company responds rapidly in the event of a claim being made by one of its policyholders providing unrivalled support during what is often a traumatic period.
In fact, in respect of household insurance, since 2000, Chubb has won the Insurance Times Industry Awards for Best Personal Insurer on no less than 8 occasions. It was the winner of the Insurance Times Broker Survey for Best Claims Service on 6 occasions since 2006. Furthermore, Chubb won the Best High –Net Worth Insurer award at the 2015 Private Asset Management Awards. In respect of motor insurance, Chubb has been the winner of the Insurance Times UK Broker Survey for the quality of its claims service and cover since 2014.
You can find out more about the products it provides by visiting the www2.chubb.com/uk-en website but below we have provided extracts from Chubb’s Home and Contents Insurance, Jewellery and Fine Art and Motor Insurance brochures highlighting some of the features and benefits of both products.
“ Chubb Masterpiece Home and Contents Insurance
What does it cover?
• All of your homes, UK and abroad are covered on the same policy as your main residence.
• With our agreed value approach for valuables and cars, the result is accuracy and a speedy claims payment.
• Following a Chubb appraisal, we will agree on the buildings and contents sum insured, including automatic cover for gardens and outbuildings.
• For most homes, we guarantee that, whatever the cost, we will rebuild your home exactly as it was. In effect, giving you unlimited cover.
• We let you choose the craftsmen for any repairs and refurbishments.
• We also agree the contents sum insured. Then, for most homes, if this sum is insufficient to replace the contents, we will automatically increase it by up to 25% without charging you more.
5 key benefits of Masterpiece
1) Your choice of contractor
We encourage you to choose your own contractors and craftsmen to repair your property following a claim.
2) Unique home and contents appraisal service
We don’t make underinsurance your problem. Our in-house experts will help establish the value of your property and contents to ensure you have the right amount of cover.
3) No restrictive conditions or warranties
We won’t limit your cover or restrict your lifestyle with onerous clauses. We rely on your natural concern to care for your possessions
4) We settle on a ‘new for old’ basis
When replacing your contents, Chubb pays you what it costs to replace the item today up to the value agreed on your policy
5) All homes on one policy
Whether you own a country house and a city apartment or an extensive worldwide property portfolio, you can enjoy exceptional cover under the same policy as your main residence.”
Within the Chubb Masterpiece Home and Contents Insurance policy it is possible to insure Jewellery and Fine Art and below we highlight what is covered: –
“ Jewellery and Fine Art
• You have automatic worldwide cover for ‘all risks’ with almost no restrictive conditions. Our policy includes accidental loss or damage and you’re covered when travelling – eliminating the need for separate personal effects cover.
• If your jewellery is lost, stolen or damaged beyond repair, our ‘agreed value’ for specified items gives certainty about the financial consequences in the event of a claim. We’ll pay you the full sum insured (not a depreciated ‘market value’) with no deduction for excess. There’s also a lower premium rate for specified jewellery.
• If you lose or damage part of a ‘pair’ or ‘set’, we’ll offer to take the remaining parts and we’ll pay you the full agreed value of the entire set.
• If your jewellery loses value after damage we’ll compensate you for any loss in its agreed value due to the claim.
• Under our Signature policy, if you buy a new piece, we’ll cover new purchases immediately for 90 days, 60 days under our Initial and Masterpiece policies. After the 60 or 90 day period, we must be instructed to add the items to the policy to avoid underinsurance.
• No valuations are necessary for jewellery under £50,000 and we can insure collectables separately.
• Similar generous terms apply to art, antiques, guns, wine, instruments, handbag collections and other collectibles.
Chubb’s Masterpiece Motor Insurance
What does it cover?
If your car is written-off or stolen:
• With our ‘agreed value’ approach, we’ll pay you the full sum insured with no excess, not a depreciated ‘market value’.
• If the car is under 15 years old and its replacement cost exceeds your agreed value, we will pay more than the sum insured to help you buy a like-for-like replacement.
• If the car is over 15 years old, subject to a limit of £100,000, we will pay 25% more than the sum insured to repair your cherished vehicle and get it back on the road.
• All courtesy cars are immediately dispatched after fire, theft or accident. We provide up to £4,000 for you to rent a car of a similar specification to your own, in the unlikely event that the courtesy car is unsatisfactory to you.
• We’ll replace your sound system for the full cost, with our unlimited audio/stereo cover.
As well as for driving your own cars, you’ll be comprehensively insured for:
• Driving any car you don’t own (applies to all named drivers).
• Lending your car to anyone not living with you.
• Business trips (except hiring your car for a fee).
• Driving in Europe at any time. Insurers will often limit this to 30 days.
If you break down:
• You’ll have Europe-wide breakdown cover for you and your family, including HomeStart.
In addition to this, you can also expect:
• Solicitor’s fees when pursuing a claim for personal injury or uninsured losses of up to £100,000.
• Child seat replacement after an accident, even if there’s no visible sign of damage.
• No premium increase or loss counted against you when the loss isn’t your fault, for instance due to vandalism or if your car is hit when parked.
The key benefits of Masterpiece
1) Diminution In Value cover Diminution In Value (DIV) is a pioneering new cover that pays the policyholder the difference between their car’s market value before and after a repair, as well as the repair costs. The cover applies to cars over 15 years old and will be paid out if the car has been valued or purchased at least 24 months before the loss.
2) We pay the agreed insured value
Most insurers settle total loss and theft claims based on the market value of a vehicle at the time of loss. Chubb provides “agreed value” cover, so the value of your car is locked in for the entire policy term. If you need to make a claim to replace your vehicle, you’ll receive 100% of the value we agreed whether it’s Day 1 or Day 365 of the policy.
3) Automatic comprehensive cover on borrowed vehicles
Insurers often only provide third party cover when you borrow another vehicle. With Chubb, you and other named drivers enjoy fully comprehensive cover on any vehicle you rent or borrow. And anyone driving your insured car is fully covered.
4) You choose the most suitable repairer
Most insurers stipulate where your vehicle should be repaired. Chubb allows you to select the most suitable garage, dealer, upholsterer or coachbuilder, or we can help you select one from our approved repairer network and we’ll guarantee the use of original manufacturer’s parts. “
Here at AIB Insurance, we look forward to a long and successful working relationship with Chubb Insurance that will no doubt be of great benefit to many of our high net worth customers. So, if you wish to discuss any of the above insurances and require a quotation, why not give us a call.
Airsports Insurance Bureau are delighted to announce Steve Hambleton joining our ranks as one of our High Net Worth & Niche Specialist Consultants.
Based in our Eastleigh office, Steve, has over 20 years’ experience working within the insurance industry. Initially working as a broker for Bennetts Insurance in Southampton he moved to insurer Aviva, dealing with high profile and unusual claims. Steve returned to broking and managed a team at JLT dealing with high net worth clients before moving on to his most recent role at Ageas as an Account Manager for a large UK based charity.
Steve has an excellent understanding of both Personal and Commercial client’s needs and everything in between and said: “When talking to Darren I instantly knew the opportunity at AIB was the right fit for me and a fantastic opportunity to grow my expertise and knowledge whilst working for a progressive and customer focused business. It’s an exciting and dynamic place to work and a great vibrant atmosphere, I’m really enjoying the new, fresh environment”.
AIB Director Darren Nangle said: “Another great addition to our team in Eastleigh and Steve will hit the ground running with his enthusiasm and transferable skills, he will help further expand our client bank and offer exceptional customer service levels to our new and existing clients. We wish him the best of luck and have high hopes for a long and mutually beneficially career”
Aston Villa supporter Steve lives locally in Southampton and has a fear of spiders and zombies. He loves playing the guitar, considers himself a film buff and his claim to fame is he once met Geoffrey from Rainbow!
AIB Insurance is extremely proud to announce that Oak Underwriting plc has recently been added to our ever growing, closely vetted panel of insurers. The company was established back in 2000 and specialises in providing home, motor, travel and marine insurance to high net worth individuals.
Oak Underwriting has grown rapidly since its formation and in less than 5 years it had written its 10,000 household policy. So highly thought of in the insurance industry, the company was acquired by the RSA Group in April 2011. The later employs about 13,500 staff and wrote net premiums of £6.8 billion in 2015.
The company is renowned for the outstanding service levels that it provides to its many high net worth clients and in November 2015, Oak Underwriting won the High Net Worth Personal Lines Team of the Year award in the 2015 Underwriting Service Awards.
The home insurance cover that it provides is tailor-made to meet the exacting needs of our high net worth clients providing them with complete peace of mind that their valuable property and possessions are covered in the most suitable way possible. Oak Underwriting’s Family Motor Fleet Collection policy enables a family to insure their prestigious vehicles with a number of cover and premium options. Worldwide family travel insurance is available as an optional extra for those arranging home insurance through the company. Marine insurance can be put in place to cover a variety of waterborne craft including the likes of speedboats, motorboats and sailing craft.
It is to be hoped that our clients do not need to claim on one or more of their policies but should this be necessary they can be assured that they will be well looked after during what is undoubtedly a difficult time.
If you would like to find out more about Oak Underwriting plc you may wish to visit their website at www.oak-underwriting.co.uk.
AIB Launch Classic Car Offering
AIB is proud to announce the launch of our non-standard per...
Airsports Insurance Bureau (AIB) is a trading style of Airsports Insurance Bureau Limited. Registered in England No. 2854801. Airsports Insurance Bureau Limited are Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, firm reference 312153